Summary: Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives and unloads freight either manually or with equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Verifies the items received with the purchase order(s) through the use of the Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Stages and puts away received product within the warehouse and inputs accurate information into the WMS (part number, quantity and location).
- Picks products for customer orders accurately and efficiently though use of the barcoded warehouse and WMS.
- Packs products according to order or customer specifications so that no damage is caused in transit.
- Ships packages according to order or customer specifications using the warehouse shipping software.
- Participates in ongoing warehouse maintenance activities such as cleaning, product consolidation, cycle counts, and other duties as required.
- Participates in physical inventory count when necessary.
- May on occasion cover for a delivery driver to deliver company products to customer’s place of business.
- May operate tier lift truck or use hand truck to move, convey or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Meets or exceeds department key performance indicators (KPIs) on a consistent basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and a minimum one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Acceptable driving record a must.
Contact Us @
Some of the benefits for all regular full time employees:
Paid Sick Time
Paid Vacation Time
401K with a match
HESCO is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be directed to the attention of Human Resources.