BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (National) – ToughNET
Summary: The Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying and developing strategic business relationships with existing and prospective accounts, reporting directly to the Managing Director – ToughNET. The Business Development Manager will take the lead in the development of new business opportunities that support ToughNET’s overall growth strategy. Working closely with Marketing, Sales and Operations teams, this position will be expected to achieve established sales goals and implement business development initiatives that maximize and grow the ToughNET footprint, generating bottom line revenue for the Company. This role can be located in the San Francisco Bay area, Boston, or in the Greater New York City area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops new business opportunities with existing and prospective customers at all stages of the sales cycle to include targeting, prospecting and presenting compelling business propositions.
- Works effectively with C-Level decision makers, i.e., CIO, CTO, VPs and Directors to develop long-term strategic relationships.
- Prepares and presents powerful, persuasive sales presentations that effectively demonstrate the value proposition of ToughNET products and solutions.
- Develops and maintains a robust deal pipeline toward targeted entities to continuously grow the business and generate sales.
- Effectively manages large scale, complex negotiations and closes new business deals with targeted and other potential customers, working closely with the Vice President of Sales & Marketing.
- Collaborates with Engineering and other support teams to ensure successful implementations.
- Maintains consistent sales growth by continuously establishing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts.
- Develops and executes a strategic business plan that meets or exceeds established sales goals and supports Company revenue and profitability targets.
- Attends conferences and professional association meetings and promotes ToughNET products, solutions and brand.
- Prepares and gives business reviews and presentations to the senior management team on a monthly basis.
- Other duties may be assigned as related to the role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
B.A. Business Administration or B.S. Engineering or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5-7 years technical sales experience, with at least 3 years revenue growth experience.
- Must have achieved over 5-6M in annual revenue OR over 1M in annual margin.
- Must have existing relationships with executive level contacts for immediate leverage.
- Industrial Automation/Manufacturing Experience is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures.
- Ability to take a holistic and strategic view of the business process, leveraging a deep understanding of end-to-end business models and sales.
- Prefer 2+ years consultative selling experience of IT Managed Services to small-mid size companies. Related experience, such as technical recruiting, technical staffing sales, or software sales may be considered.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of complex sales techniques and track record creating, negotiating and closing large-scale deals.
- Proven ability to develop long-term strategic relationships with C-Level decision makers.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in prospecting and developing new business.
- Demonstrated ability to define and operationalize sales.
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines; detail oriented.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization.
- Ability to travel (expected 90%).
Contact Us @
Some of the benefits for all regular full time employees:
Paid Sick Time
Paid Vacation Time
401K with a match