CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Summary: Supports day-to-day sales activities by providing information and assistance to customer and internal organizations. Also is responsible for assisting Sales in reaching revenue goals by obtaining and up-selling orders, creating customer satisfaction, and adding value to the customer’s buying experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Works with Sales Team to provide support to their activities, including:
- Obtains orders by answering telephone calls and e-mail, verifying and entering items, transferring orders to fulfillment, explaining stock-outs and expected delivery dates.
- Reports industry trends, competitive pricing and customer feedback to management.
- Collaborates with Outside Sales to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Increases orders by suggesting related items (cross-selling), suggesting other add-on items pertinent to the customer or their business (up-selling), explaining features and checking customer’s buying history.
- Keeps abreast of new products.
- Prepares, generates and follows up on verbal or written quotations to secure orders or determine reason for loss of order.
- Assists Sales team members in managing open quotes and closing before they expire.
- Reviews open customer order reports and takes action on open items; specifically, those items that may be at risk in meeting the customer’s promised delivery date. Maintains ERP backorder report.
- Creates short/long/project Special Pricing Agreements (SPAs).
- Maintains information of a contact’s records in HESCO CRM.
- Updates the CRM data base with prospecting information.
- Participates in team projects and effectively manages individual projects around improving the efficiency of the Sales function.
- Attends exhibitions, events and training as required.
- Manages time effectively to meet personal goals and works effectively with other members of HESCO.
- Communicates to the Purchasing department unexpected increases or decreases in demand for products.
Develops a deep knowledge of HESCO’s key vendors, products and solutions to be able to:
- Explain the scope of all our solutions and position accordingly in relation to an organization’s requirements.
- Understand the technical and application aspects of key products and solutions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preference for a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline; and at least 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) and possess the ability to perform basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of electrical products is preferred.
- Ability to prospect and market concepts to existing and potentially new accounts.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in written form.
- Ability to resolve controversy by staying objective and fair when dealing with sensitive situations.
- Maintain constructive working relationships despite disagreement.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage.
Contact Us @
Some of the benefits for all regular full time employees:
Paid Sick Time
Paid Vacation Time
401K with a match