Job Title: Customer Service Representative
Reports To: Customer Service Supervisor
Location: Corporate – Rocky Hill, CT
Summary: Supports day-to-day sales activities by providing information and assistance to customer and internal organizations. Also is responsible for assisting Sales in reaching revenue goals by obtaining and up-selling orders, creating customer satisfaction, and adding value to the customer’s buying experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Works with Sales Team to provide support to their activities, including:
- Obtains orders by answering telephone calls and e-mail, verifying and entering items, transferring orders to fulfillment, explaining stock-outs and expected delivery dates.
- Reports industry trends, competitive pricing and customer feedback to management.
- Collaborates with Outside Sales to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Increases orders by suggesting related items (cross-selling), suggesting other add-on items pertinent to the customer or their business (up-selling), explaining features and checking customer’s buying history.
- Keeps abreast of new products.
- Prepares, generates and follows up on verbal or written quotations to secure orders or determine reason for loss of order.
- Assists Sales team members in managing open quotes and closing before they expire.
- Reviews open customer order reports and takes action on open items; specifically, those items that may be at risk in meeting the customer’s promised delivery date. Maintains ERP backorder report.
- Creates short/long/project Special Pricing Agreements (SPAs).
- Maintains information of a contact’s records in HESCO CRM.
- Updates the CRM data base with prospecting information.
- Participates in team projects and effectively manages individual projects around improving the efficiency of the Sales function.
- Attends exhibitions, events and training as required.
- Manages time effectively to meet personal goals and works effectively with other members of HESCO.
- Communicates to the Purchasing department unexpected increases or decreases in demand for products.
Develops a deep knowledge of HESCO’s key vendors, products and solutions to be able to:
- Explain the scope of all our solutions and position accordingly in relation to an organization’s requirements.
- Understand the technical and application aspects of key products and solutions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Analytical – Collects and researches data. Design – Demonstrates attention to detail and accuracy. Problem Solving – Develops alternative solutions. Technical Skills – Technical expertise and knowledge of company products, shares expertise with others. Customer Service – Handles difficult customers with diplomacy and tact, responds promptly to customer needs to deliver superior service, solicits customer feedback to improve service, meets commitments. Interpersonal – Superior listening and presentation skills. Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, responds well to questions, and writes clearly and informatively. Team Work – Works productively with a wide range of people – a team player. Business Acumen – Demonstrated success in growing sales. Cost Consciousness – Conserves organizational resources. Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures. Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment. Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time. Dependability – Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Initiative – Outgoing and eager to make outside customer calls, high energy, motivated and self-directed. Planning/Organizing – Excellent organizational skills, uses time efficiently and can multi-task. Professionalism – Positive attitude with high level of integrity. Computer Literacy – Knowledge of office, Internet and distribution software.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preference for a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline, but relevant experience and industry knowledge may succeed; and at least 5 years related experience and/or training required. Distribution and/or manufacturing knowledge is a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) and possess the ability to perform basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of electrical products is preferred.
- Ability to prospect and market concepts to existing and potentially new accounts.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in written form.
- Ability to resolve controversy by staying objective and fair when dealing with sensitive situations.
- Maintain constructive working relationships despite disagreement.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Professional, clean office environment with noise levels that are usually moderate; clean organized warehouse with noise levels usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to operate a computer keyboard.
Contact Us @
Some of the benefits for all regular full time employees:
Paid Sick Time
Paid Vacation Time
401K with a match
HESCO is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be directed to the attention of Human Resources.