Job Title: Marketing and Communications Specialist
Reports To: VP, Sales & Marketing
Location: Corporate – Rocky Hill, CT
Summary: The Marketing and Communications Specialist is responsible for communicating HESCO’s value proposition and promoting its marketing programs. This includes extensive communication with customers, employees, vendors, industry, and local communities. In addition he/she assists the VP of Sales and Marketing and his/her staff in other aspects of marketing management encompassing product, price and placement. Since the company’s business definition and value proposition are tightly linked to vendor relationships, the MARCOM Specialist works closely with the VP of Sales and Marketing to forge the best marketing communications and vendor promotional campaigns. Experience with Rockwell Automation, Rockwell Automation ASP program, Zift, and/or familiarity with NAED a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Works with senior management to develop and evolve HESCO’s strategic marketing plan.
• Works with senior management to clarify, define and develop the annual marketing programs which support the overall business plans and value proposition. This includes: promotions, advertising, sales tools, website content, and merchandising.
• Assists the VP of Sales and Marketing in conducting market research to better understand industry trends, current market segments and their fit within the company’s strategic plan, target customers’ needs and competitive position relative to those needs.
Marketing and Communications
• Develops and executes all communications related to the company’s value proposition and perception in the marketplace.
• Assists the VP of Sales & Marketing in S.W.O.T analysis.
• Stimulates the target market to contact HESCO.
• Utilizes in-house and third party sources to design, develop, produce and distribute various forms of marketing communication.
• Measures impact of each element of the annual marketing program.
• Responsible for web site content related to customers and vendors.
• Responsible for video content creation for broadcast over internal video, web site and social media feeds.
• Ensures HESCO has access to the most current technology and production methods for great communication and promotion.
• Designs and maintains the company website content including links, vendors and employees.
• Designs and executes successful e-mail blasts to targeted customer segments.
• Assists in the data collection, compilation and analysis of marketing research.
• Monitors market trends and maintains competitive data files.
• Utilizes Sales and Marketing automation tools to manage customer profile data and generate reports.
• Updates and maintains all mailing lists.
• Manages product databases and their links to our business systems and to third party sources of product information.
• Directs and manages the company’s internal/external events including major annual golf tournament.
• Attends trade shows and other industry conferences including Rockwell Automation Fair.
• Participates in customer promotional events/seminars/training including scheduling and coordinating.
• Attends and actively participates in assigned company meetings.
• Assists the VP of Sales & Marketing with the development of the marketing and promotional programs.
• Submits and monitors the collection of co-op money for related marketing activities.
• Produces the marketing promotions and advertising deliverables.
General Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintains friendly, cooperative relationships with customers, vendors, company personnel and management.
• Ensures that all internal company communications, financial information, pricing information, plans and strategies are kept confidential.
• Performs other job relevant tasks or assignments as delegated by the VP of Sales & Marketing.
• Demonstrates the ability to tactfully handle difficult situations.
• Anticipates problems and provides contingency plans and recommendations.
• Organizes personal schedule to maximize productivity and time management.
• Follows all company personnel policies and procedures.
• Occasional but extremely limited overnight travel as required.
Impact of marketing communication strategies and programs on:
• Sales growth –especially sales associated with new products and/or locations.
• Increasing customer awareness.
• Accuracy of forecasts associated with new products and promotions.
• Performance in managing assigned projects in terms of cost, quality and time.
• Level and quality of innovative ideas aimed at improving company performance.
• Improvement in Gross Margin ROI.
• Management of marketing expense levels vs. budget.
• Feedback from employees and peers.
• Commitment to accomplishing the assigned goals in regards to time.
• Tracked results and their impact on the company’s Purpose, Mission and Value.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information, collects and researches data. Problem Solving – Works well in group problem solving situations. Project Management – Ability to manage multiple projects at one time. Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others. Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates sales presentation skills, participates in meetings, writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively. Team Work – Contributes to building a positive team spirit, and commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams. Ethics – Works with integrity and ethically. Organizational Support – Benefits organization through outside activities. Creative Strategic Thinking – Analyzes market and competition, identifies external threats and opportunities. Innovation – Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
Bachelor’s degree with a concentration or major in business administration, marketing or graphic design; minimum of 5 years of marketing/project management experience plus demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and advertising projects preferably within an industrial automation manufacturer or distribution company. Experience and knowledge of industrial automation applications, customers and competitors is highly desired. Must be able to develop and manage budgets, train and organize personnel.
Contact Us @
Some of the benefits for all regular full time employees:
Paid Sick Time
Paid Vacation Time
401K with match
HESCO is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be directed to the attention of Human Resources.