Summary: Sells and supports assigned products to industrial OEMs, System Integrators and End Users within Connecticut performing the following duties.
This position description covers PLC (Controllers and Input/Output), HMI (Visualization), and specifically Motion Products
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs as HESCO “product owner” for Allen-Bradley PLC, HMI, and Motion services.
- Leads commercial activities at driving conversions at key accounts.
- Identifies and pursues competitive target accounts for each product segment.
- Maintains an adequate sales funnel for each product segment to develop plans.
- Works closely with HESCO senior management and Rockwell Automation resources to establish annual targets and sales plans for assigned product lines. Owns resulting plans and drives tactical implementation.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of products and applications for assigned product lines. Ensures the transfer of this knowledge to HESCO sales and marketing personnel thereby increasing the effectiveness of the entire selling organization.
- Works closely with Rockwell Automation product managers to coordinate and implement introduction and launch of new products and programs.
- Works closely with HESCO account managers and customer service teams to maximize sales of assigned product lines. Provides product and application training as needed in support of this effort.
- Drives sales through independent market creating sales activities, communicating directly with new and existing customers, as well as through the coordinated sales efforts of account managers and customer service.
- Prepares and maintains availability of required sales support and marketing materials including brochures, data sheets, presentations, demonstration units and samples.
- Demonstrates products or services and provides technical assistance utilizing persuasive sales techniques and strong product and technical knowledge.
- Performs as HESCO product and application “expert” for assigned products and maintains close working relationship with Rockwell Automation support teams for assigned product lines. Handles customer support issues as required.
- Participates in required Allen-Bradley technical product training events on an annual basis. Attends industry trade shows and sales conferences.
- This position may require up to 75% travel within Connecticut for customer facing activities and events
- Performs related duties as assigned by management.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies required to pass annual competency test for specific technical segment: Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information in thorough manner; demonstrates attention to detail. Problem Solving – Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Creativity – Generates creative solutions to complex problems. Project Management – Coordinates projects. Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Customer Service – Solicits customer feedback to improve service. Interpersonal – Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things. Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills, participates in meetings, and writes clearly and informatively. Integrity – adheres to moral and ethical principles; honesty. Leadership – Inspires and motivates others to perform well; inspires respect and trust. Team Work – Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Business Acumen – Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition. Cost Consciousness – Contributes to profits and revenue. Organizational Support – Benefits organization through outside activities. Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment. Dependability – Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Initiative – Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities. Innovation – Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention. Self-Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities. Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner with a positive attitude.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline preferred; and a minimum of 3 years related industry experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Technical knowledge and experience working with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) at an OEM level or on systems integration projects. Extensive experience with customer interface. Products or services of a highly complex nature that require considerable specialized training or in-depth knowledge distinguish this level of Sales Representative. The knowledge level is such that candidates would require either previous experience or extensive knowledge and training related to the product or service prior to being able to call upon customers.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must have PLC knowledge and programming skills to interact with Allen Bradley’s PLC families and be proficient using Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, ERP and CRM systems. A working knowledge of Rockwell Automation Software (FactoryTalk, VantagePoint, etc.) is highly desirable.
Certificates and Licenses:
A valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record is required.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Professional, clean office environment with noise levels that are usually moderate; clean organized warehouse with noise levels usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to operate a computer keyboard.
To be hired, all candidates must submit to a background check.
HESCO is an Equal Opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.
Click the Apply Now button below to download our digital application.
Recommended: Complete the form using Adobe Reader and use the SUBMIT button at the very end of the application to send the completed form to [email protected].