Job Title: Services Specialist – Sales
Reports To: VP, Sales & Marketing
Location: Corporate – Rocky Hill, CT
HESCO is looking for a dynamic and proactive individual to further grow our Services business in the state of Connecticut. This individual will be responsible for identifying potential customers, building relationships, and identifying key opportunities for complete solutions. The candidate will become an expert in supporting customers through their product and services lifecycles while exceeding our customers’ expectations. Your experience in external sales, combined with extensive knowledge of the electrical sector, will allow you to become an integral part of our Services Sales team.
This position will drive incremental growth of our Services revenue, cultivate the ‘trusted advisor’ relationship with our end user clients, and provide education and support with appropriate business partners. This position works very closely with our Marketing, product sales and value add groups, and customer service teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Own activities and opportunities with the goal of expanding our services revenue.
- Focus on sales consisting of both new account acquisition as well as growing ongoing relationships.
- Perform customer facing activities to determine project needs, and then provide an appropriate value add technical solution. The candidate will become the key ‘first point of contact’ for these customers, and engage other HESCO business as appropriate.
- Formulate project estimations, aid in proposal creation, deliver professional quotations, and perform follow-up, ensuring customer questions and concerns are resolved.
- Negotiate and win these projects, while being supported by other key areas such as sales, management and product technical experts.
- Manage a personal funnel of accounts & opportunities via the company CRM, and accurately report and forecast on his/her activities and opportunities.
- Engage, support, and leverage core product sales teams and key partners. This leverage will allow their relationships and strengths to complement the technical strengths and portfolio knowledge of the Service Sales Specialist to ensure success. Joint sales strategies are a necessity to provide competitive differentiation.
- Conduct activities such as trade shows, customer events, industry events, and larger campaigns as part of HESCO’s strategy.
- Identify market opportunities, competitive activities/weaknesses, then execute new campaigns and activities while working closely with our Marketing teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate strong relationship building skills with a proven track record of driving incremental revenue.
- Knowledge of both OPEX and CAPEX sales techniques is required in a business-to-business selling environment.
- The candidate will possess a mix of direct end user interaction, coupled with the ability to work with and leverage key business partners.
- Strong electrical product and application knowledge, especially in industrial automation systems and related equipment.
- A high degree of Industrial Health, Safety, and Environmental knowledge.
- Excellent customer management and relationship skills.
- High degree of time management and organizational capability.
- Strong communication skills, both externally and within HESCO.
- Flexibility to perform some work while traveling and during evenings.
- A knowledge of direct and ‘sales through partners’ is required.
- Strong technical skills; 4 year Engineering degree, coupled with 5-10 years sales experience.
Must have PLC knowledge and programming skills to interact with Allen Bradley’s PLC families and be proficient using Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, ERP and CRM systems. A working knowledge of Rockwell Automation Software (FactoryTalk, VantagePoint, etc.) is highly desirable.
Certificates and Licenses:
A valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record is required.
Contact Us @
ATTN: Human Resources
Inwood Business Park
30 Inwood Road – Suite One
Rocky Hill, CT 06067-3438
Email: [email protected]
Some of the benefits for all regular full time employees:
Paid Sick Time
Paid Vacation Time
401K with match
HESCO is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be directed to the attention of Human Resources.