Now Hiring: Staff Accountant
Spread the word — HESCO is seeking qualified candidates for a Staff Accountant position.
Summary: Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties. Confidentiality of information is of the upmost importance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains, prepares and transmits weekly payroll and prepares labor analysis reports as required.
- Daily management and monthly reconciliation of corporate bank accounts, including transfer of funds and preparation of cash management entries.
- Weekly processing of expenses and vendor payments (insurance premiums, pension plan distributions and loan payments, wage garnishments etc.).
- Prepares daily and monthly journal entries for general accounting transactions.
- Prepares and files monthly State of Connecticut Sales and Use tax return.
- Monthly reconciliation of general ledger accounts including reconciliation of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and inventory sub-ledgers to the general ledger.
- Prepares month-end banking reports with all required documentation for monthly submission to the bank.
- Develops ERP system knowledge to assist others with transactional issues including the impact on accounting records.
- Assists in generating monthly financial statements and management reports.
- Reviews job costs for ASG projects comparing estimated costs to actual.
- Reviews monthly financial statements and management reports against budget and prior year and identifies significant and material variances.
- Assists in the support of year-end and interim financial reviews.
Always seek the guidance of the HESCO Core Values:
- MUTUAL RESPECT – Freedom to express views without judgement. We need diverse perspectives.
- COMMITMENT – To growing as individuals and as an organization.
- UNITY – Working together and supporting each other through all of our challenges.
- COURAGE – Face your fears and push yourself out of your comfort zone. Only then will you grow.
- DEPENDABLE – Earn trust by following through on commitments.
- INTEGRITY – Do not compromise your character or HESCO’s reputation by making poor decisions.
- INITIATIVE – It starts with you. Think about the future. A series of small actions will lead to momentum.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; and at least 2 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including advanced working knowledge of EXCEL; experience with ERP software, Infor SX and EPICOR a plus; and experience with third-party payroll software.