RSNetWorx™ products provide design and configuration management services for ControlNet International’s ControlNet™, and the Open DeviceNet Vendor Association’s DeviceNet™ networks and Ethernet I/P. RSNetWorx allows you to achieve maximum productivity with your ControlNet and DeviceNet installations. You will be able to define and configure the devices on your network quickly through a simple software interface. This definition can take place offline using drag and drop operations or online by using RSLinx® to browse a ControlNet or DeviceNet network.
Find all the information on installing and navigating through RSNetWorx.
An open control network that meets the demands of real-time, high-throughput applications.
- Producer/consumer model of information transfer allows you to define input and output exchanges between devices on the network
- One button for complete network upload/download
- Network scheduling and bandwidth calculations
- Drill-down approach to viewing
- Point-and-click configuration
- Library of devices
- Identification of configuration conflicts
- Set relationships between controllers and I/O
- Automatic mapping of input and output data between networked devices and controller memory
- Support for Automatic Device Replacement (ADR), where appropriate
- True multi-vendor interoperability with Electronic Data Sheet (EDS) services provided by the software to facilitate device configuration and field installation of support for new devices
- HTML-formatted reports
- Quick configuration of ControlNet, Ethernet/IP and DeviceNet networks with a Windows-based point-and-click interface.
- Flexibility to edit configurations online or offline.
- Simplified browsing online with the RSLinx tree control to locate the network you want to view or edit.
- Configuring network parameters, such as Network Update Time (NUT) and maximum scheduled or unscheduled addresses.
- Online scanning for the current network for devices. If any devices are discovered that are not already in the current configuration, they will be added to the pending configuration.
- Logging of RSNetWorx audit messages (for example, online/offline mode transition,edits enabled, upload/download) to a dedicated server application.*
- Logging of RSNetWorx device health messages (for example, device excluded from diagnostic scan or device identity mismatch) to a dedicated server application.*
- Scheduling unattended background diagnostic scans on any combination of DeviceNet, ControlNet, or EtherNet/IP networks with RSNetWorx MD Diagnostic Scheduler
- Support for Microsoft Windows Installer
- Support for Embedded EDS
- EDS Files installation optimization
- Support for new 1756-L71S controller and Stratix 5700 switch
- Support for Logix Designer V21.00.00, using the same EDS subsystem
- RSNetWorx MD included without separate activation
RSNetWorx for ControlNet includes:
- Support for PKTCS devices
- Limited support for the 1734 Point I/O family of devices
- RSNetWorx MD functionality is available
RSNetWorx for DeviceNet includes:
- Updated FLEX I/O support
- Improvements in Quick Connect
- Improved online/offline comparison of the scanner configuration
- EDS applet that displays configuration assembly information
- Chassis applet enhancements
- Device re-register
- Improvements to I/O editing
|Processor||Intel® Core® i5 or higher|
|Memory||8GB or more|
|Operating System||Windows 7
Windows Server 2008
|Storage||20 GB free|
|Graphics||DirectX9, with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver|
Minimum Requirements: Intel® Pentium® 4, 1GB of memory, 16GB of storage and 1024×768, True Color resolution.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader to use the online books feature
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 and 7 to use the online help
* Limited testing includes crucial functions (i.e., installation and basic operations)
Note: For the latest software platform qualification information, refer to Rockwell Knowledgebase technical note 42682.
RSNetWorx™ can either support all network types or it can be sold by network type. Either way, RSNetWorx allows you to take maximum advantage of the synergy between the networks while also leveraging each network’s unique characteristics. The industrial networks DeviceNet, ControlNet, Ethernet/IP are supported by:
- RSNetWorx™ DeviceNet™
- RSNetWorx™ ControlNet™
- RSNetWorx™ Ethernet/IP
Beginning with RSNetWorx V21.0, RSNetWorx MD is included as part of the standard RSNetWorx package, which can be ordered using these catalog numbers:
|9357-DNETL3||RSNetWorx for DeviceNet|
|9357-CNETL3||RSNetWorx for ControlNet|
|9357-ENETL3||RSNetWorx for EtherNet/IP|
|9357-ANETL3||RSNetWorx for ControlNet, Ethernet/IP and DeviceNet|