The Studio 5000® environment combines design and engineering elements into one standard framework. It optimizes productivity, shortens design cycles and reduces time to market. Studio 5000 helps you respond quickly to changes in market and business needs and reduces total costs of ownership. New design capabilities can increase automation productivity and reduce costs during a project’s lifecycle. The environment is the one place for engineers to develop all elements of their control system for operation and maintenance. Studio 5000 extends beyond one controller to be a system-wide development and design tool.
Multiple capabilities, included in one common environment, enable engineers, operators and technicians to access data defined once and easily available across the Integrated Architecture system, improving development efficiency and reducing programming errors.
Simplify the location of a desired piece of code, and reuse code in line with best practices, standards management, and enforcement.
Transforming raw data into actionable information and making it available to the right person at the right time supports better decision making and improved overall performance.
- Scalable and flexible solutions – Use modular code to simplify your application
- Efficient project design – Write code, organize it, test it, and duplicate it
- Effective content management – Create content, store it, share it, and reuse it
- Quicker downtime recovery – Logically find what you need to quickly troubleshoot code
- Collaborative engineering – Enable multiple people to code, then compare and merge
- Support for more complex motion systems – Provide multiple update rates
- Supports Kinetix 5500 & Kinetix 5700 servo drives with integrated safety
- Supports Integrated condition monitoring with Dynamix 1444
- Multiple motion updates for complex motion systems
- Program parameters – Data at the program scope is isolated from other programs
- Logical Organizer – provides a way to create an organizational model of the system, and allows operators to troubleshoot the system more quickly
- PIO (Partial Import Online) / Editing Enhancements – allow you to easily copy content across projects or within project
- Compare and Merge Tool – allows multiple engineers to independently work offline, and then merge their changes together
- Simpler “delete” of programs in Logix, for single programs or groups of programs, online or offline
- Select multiple project components like AOI’s, UDT’s, Programs, and then copy/paste, drag/drop, export/import them as one
- Support for Windows 8.1, including mobile support for tablets, in addition to virtualization and remote desktops solutions
- Support for alarms
- Safe and standard connections for Safe Torque Off drive control
- Support for more than 1000 programs per task!
To use the Logix Designer application effectively, your personal computer must meet the following hardware and software requirements.
|Processor||2.8 GHz Intel Core i5 or higher|
|Memory||8 GB or more|
|Operating System||Windows 7
Windows Server 2008
This version of the Logix Designer application has not been tested but is expected to operate correctly on all Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 RS editions and service packs.
|Storage||20GB free or more|
|Graphics||DirectX 9, with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver|
Minimum Requirements: 2.8GHz Pentium 4 processor, 2GB of memory, 16GB of storage and DirectX 9, with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver.
The Logix Designer application is a scalable application solution, used to program and configure any of the Logix5000 family of controller products. Depending on the functionality required, one or more product catalog numbers might be needed to acquire the appropriate functionality. Download the table below to help you to determine which Logix Designer application package is best suited for your application needs.
Logix Designer Ordering Information