Before you can optimize production, you need to understand where efficiencies can be gained in your plant. To do this, you need a clear view across entire lines and production processes. FactoryTalk® View Site Edition (SE) is a supervisory-level HMI software for monitoring and controlling distributed-server/multi-user applications. It provides a comprehensive and accurate picture of operations, meeting the demands of multiple stakeholders including engineering, maintenance, operations, and production Information Technology (IT).
FactoryTalk View SE provides robust and reliable functionality in a single software package that scales from a stand-alone HMI system to a distributed visualization solution. As our customers have experienced over the past few years, FactoryTalk View SE enables you to take advantage of mobility, virtualization, and other new technologies, meeting HMI challenges in process, batch and discrete applications and delivering critical visibility when and where you need it.
Bourbon producer increases production, delivers a more consistent product, improves operator productivity, decreases waste, and creates a safer work environment for its operators.
Food manufacturer creates a common infrastructure for machine builders for first centralized data-collection system on a greenfield site.
Energy provider migrates to new control and HMI system ahead of schedule and on budget, exceeding performance goals, and reducing reliance on third party fuel by 40 percent.
- Define tags and graphic objects and displays once and reference them throughout a distributed system
- Streamlined development with a common editor for FactoryTalk View ME and SE
- Share data and integrate seamlessly with other FactoryTalk enabled products. The FactoryTalk Services Platform provides common services such as security, alarming and diagnostics across products
- Maximize productivity by directly accessing tag information in the controller, eliminating the need to create HMI tags
- Configure your application from anywhere on the network and easily make changes to a running system with remote, multi-user configuration capability
- Scalable Architecture from single station HMI to multi-client/multi-server system
- Maximize system availability with built-in failure detection and recovery
- Robust client side scripting to extend applications for your specific needs
- Real-time and historical trending with built-in connectivity to FactoryTalk Historian
- Audit trail of operator and alarm information in a centralized log database
- Built-in library of over 5000 pre-designed graphical symbols
- Expanded topology allows for up to 10 redundant servers and 50 clients
- Remote commands provides improved PlantPAx faceplate interaction
Technology is an ever-changing landscape – one that evolves so rapidly that it can be hard to keep pace. Exploiting advancements in commercial technology and product investment will help enable you to take advantage of mobility, virtualization, and other new technologies. FactoryTalk® View Site Edition (SE) will help you prepare for changes in your own environment and deliver:
Improved Operator Effectiveness
- Easy to understand display screens help the operator quickly assess the situation and navigate the system
- View and interact with alarm conditions throughout the integrated architecture with easy-to-use graphical alarm objects
- System-wide diagnostics report, route and store information about events that happened in a system and provide a system wide diagnostic solution for determining root cause of an issue
- Mobile HMI provides continuous system visibility any time, any where
Design Time Effectiveness
- Define tags once in the Logix controller, then access them throughout your system
- Fast and reliable access to data in the Logix family of controllers
- Common development environment provides application framework for managing/editing machine-level up to distributed applications
- Reduce the overall maintenance effort and the probability of introducing errors with global objects, pre-engineered faceplates, and tagless HMI servers
Scalable HMI Solutions
- Scale from single station to multi-client / multi-server systems
- Architect the right solution to meet today’s needs while supporting future expansion as your system grows
- Expand the capabilities of the system by integrating and sharing of data with other Rockwell Software products
Stringent Security Framework
- Restricted access to control system assets and ability to meet the most stringent security requirements such as FDA 21 CFR Part 11
- Common users and security configuration throughout all FactoryTalk-based products
- Highly reliable client and server communication
- Optimized communications with the Logix family of controllers
- Easy connectivity options for non-Logix and 3rd-party controllers
- All FactoryTalk View SE system components have VMware Ready Status
- PlantPAx Virtual Image Templates have FactoryTalk View SE pre-installed on the appropriate Microsoft operating system to minimize setup and configuration
- Extended visualization and real-time decision capabilities to web-enabled users
FactoryTalk View Site Edition v8.0
- Unattended Install
- Streamlined Client Install
- FT Historian Connectivity Tools included
Improved Run-Time Experience
- Confirmation Popup
- Button Enable Disable
- Improved display of screen values
- Enhanced surface area for touch animation
- New User Group Security functions
- Alarm Severity Improvements
- Configure Alarm Sounds for Banner
- Out of Scope alarm occurrence handling
- Alarm Banner Sort Order improvements
- Alarm Log Viewer Improvements
Configuration and Application Building
- Capture Value before Change
- Remote Studio for Network Station
- VBA import and export
Expanded Operating System Support
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1 Update, Windows 2012 Server R2
The computer hardware you choose to install and operate your FactoryTalk® View SE System should be adequately sized for the demands of each component, and meet the following system requirements.
Typically, application servers such as FactoryTalk View SE Server, FactoryTalk Alarms and Events, and RSLinx® Enterprise will need to be sized with faster CPUs and more RAM than operator or engineering workstations. The greater the demand, the more powerful a system you need.
You should also specify a hard drive with enough disk space to provide virtual memory that is at least twice the size of the physical RAM.
|Processor||Operator Workstation: Intel Core 2 Duo or greater FactoryTalk View SE Client or FactoryTalk View SE Station installed.
Engineering Workstation: Intel Core 2 Duo and greater FactoryTalk View Studio Enterprise, RSLinx Classic, RSLinx Enterprise or Studio5000 installed
Application Server (small system): Intel Core 2 Duo or greater FactoryTalk View SE Server, FactoryTalk View Studio Enterprise, FactoryTalk View Alarms & Events Tag Based Server or RSLinx Enterprise Data Server with FactoryTalk Alarms and Events enabled
Application Server (medium to large system): Quad core Intel Xeon family or greater FactoryTalk View SE Server, FactoryTalk View Studio Enterprise, FactoryTalk View Alarms & Events Tag Based Server or RSLinx Enterprise Data Server with FactoryTalk Alarms and Events enabled.
|Memory||Operator Workstation: 2 GB or more
Engineering Workstation: 4 GB or more
Application Server (small system): 2 GB or more
Application Server (medium to large system): 4 GB or more
|Operating System||Windows 8.1
Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
Windows Server 2012 Standard
Windows Server 2008 R2
Windows Server 2008 Standard with Service Pack 2
Windows Vista with Service Pack 2*
Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3
Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard with Service Pack 2
- Operator Workstation with FactoryTalk View SE Client or FactoryTalk View SE Station installed.
- Engineering Workstation with FactoryTalk View Studio Enterprise, RSLinx Classic, RSLinx Enterprise or RSLogix 5000 installed.
- Application Server with FactoryTalk View SE Server, FactoryTalk View Studio Enterprise, FactoryTalk View Alarms & Events Tag Based Server or RSLinx Enterprise Data Server with FactoryTalk Alarms and Events enabled.
FactoryTalk View Site Edition Server
The FactoryTalk View Site Edition Server stores HMI project components (for example, graphic displays) and serves these components to clients. The server may also contain a database of tags, perform alarm detection, and manage historical data. RSLinx for FactoryTalk View Site Edition and RSLinx® Enterprise are included with the FactoryTalk View Site Edition Server bundles.
|9701-VWSS025LENE||FactoryTalk View Site Edition Server 25 Display with RSLinx Bundle|
|9701-VWSS100LENE||FactoryTalk View Site Edition Server 100 Display with RSLinx|
|9701-VWSS250LENE||FactoryTalk View Site Edition Server 250 Display with RSLinx Bundle|
|9701-VWSS000LENE||FactoryTalk View Site Edition Server Unlimited Display with RSLinx|
FactoryTalk View Site Edition Client
FactoryTalk View Site Edition Client is software for viewing and interacting with supervisory-level applications. FactoryTalk View Site Edition Client licenses are deployed as dedicated (when installed on the computer hosting the FactoryTalk View Site Edition Client) or floating licenses (when installed on the computer hosting the FactoryTalk Directory).
|9701-VWSCWAENE||FactoryTalk View Site Edition Client|
|9701-VWSCRAENE||FactoryTalk View Site Edition View Client (read only)|
FactoryTalk View Site Edition Station
FactoryTalk View Site Edition Station allows stand-alone (non-distributed) applications to run on a single computer. Note: Both RSLinx for FactoryTalk View and RSLinx Enterprise are included with FactoryTalk View Site Edition Station.
|9701-VWSB015AENE||FactoryTalk View Site Edition Station 15 Display|
|9701-VWSB025AENE||FactoryTalk View Site Edition Station 25 Display|
|9701-VWSB100AENE||FactoryTalk View Site Edition Station 100 Display|
|9701-VWSB250AENE||FactoryTalk View Site Edition Station 250 Display|
|9701-VWSB000AENE||FactoryTalk View Site Edition Station Unlimited Display|
FactoryTalk View Studio
FactoryTalk View Studio is configuration software for developing and testing supervisory-level and machine-level Human-Machine Interface (HMI) applications. FactoryTalk View Studio can use dedicated or floating licenses.
|9701-VWSTENE||FactoryTalk View Studio for FactoryTalk View|
KEPServer Enterprise provides serial and Ethernet OPC servers that allow communication between many third-party industrial devices and RSView32, FactoryTalk View Site Edition, and FactoryTalk View Machine Edition. All drivers are supported by Rockwell Software.
|9301-OPCSRVENE||KEPServer Enterprise (for FactoryTalk View Site Edition and RSView32)|