FactoryTalk® EnergyMetrix is a web-enabled management software package that gives you access to critical energy information from virtually any location. The software combines date communication, client-server applications, and Microsoft’s advanced .NET™ Web technology to provide you with a complete energy-management decision support tool.
With FactoryTalk EnergyMetrix, you can capture, analyze, store, and share energy data with key stakeholders using a standard web browser. This makes it simple to distribute the knowledge necessary to optimize energy consumption, manage power quality, correlate energy usage, determine cost to production, negotiate energy rates, and improve efficiency.
Use FactoryTalk EnergyMetrix to monitor energy so you can make informed decisions on power use and costs.
LNS Research, a top analyst organization, outlines leading strategies in a convenient eBook
- Comprehensive view of energy data in one place
- Correlate energy costs to production costs
- Provide accurate cost accounting based on consumption
- Generate energy reports and charts for a process, department, facility or enterprise
- Optimize energy procurement and help negotiate better rates
- Make decisions on electrical capacity
- Avoid unscheduled shutdown
- Procure and analyze energy information with minimum capital investment
- Complete power quality and energy analysis tool
- Accurate billing and energy cost allocation capabilities
- Scalability to add additional software features while maintaining your initial investments
- Flexible configuration of all your power and energy meters from your Web browser
- Capture a variety of data to support load-profiling, cost-allocation and billing analysis
- Better understand power quality and how it affects your facility.
- Generate alarms in response to user-defined conditions
- Leverage multiple security levels to help protect your data
FactoryTalk EnergyMetrix v2.1
- Support and integration for new PowerMonitor™ 5000 M6 product
- Support of ControlNet™ for PowerMonitor 5000
- Waveform and harmonics capture and display
- Power quality log
- Logical set-point control
- Updated connector for FactoryTalk® VantagePoint EMI v5.x
- Supports FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI v4.5, v5.0 and v5.1
- Connector available through FactoryTalk VantagePoint energy bundle
- All FactoryTalk EnergyMetrix web pages available in FactoryTalk VantagePoint portal
Client requirements for compatibility with FactoryTalk® EnergyMetrix:
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Vista Professional, Windows 7 (Windows 2000 is not supported)
- Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9 or 10
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later is required to view reports
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is required to use RT and Charts Plus options.
.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is included on the installation DVD or may be downloaded at no charge from Microsoft.
Your client workstation must also be permitted intranet, internet or dial-in access to the FactoryTalk EnergyMetrix server. Contact your IT support personnel for assistance.
Database Size Guidelines
FactoryTalk EnergyMetrix writes 16 bytes of data to the database for each meter tag logged. Over time, the database can grow to become quite large. Some examples include the following:
- A low-end server, logging 40 meter tags at 15 minute intervals, will grow the database at a rate of 2.56 KB per hour or 22 MB per year.
- A mid-level server, logging 320 meter tags at 15 minute intervals, will grow the database at a rate of 20.5 KB per hour, or 180 MB per year.
- A high-end server, logging 1000 meter tags at 15 minute intervals, will grow the database at a rate of 240 KB per hour, or 2.1 GB per year.
Consider these guidelines when determining hard disk requirements for a server as well as database maintenance schedules.
We recommend, but do not require, that you install FactoryTalk EnergyMetrix software on a dedicated server with a local installation of Microsoft SQL Server. Your browser should be set to check for newer versions of stored pages automatically, not every visit to the page.
- Windows 2003 Server or Windows 2008 Server, Application Server role. For 64-bit operating systems, RSLinx Classic version 2.60 (CPR9 SR6) or later must be installed. Windows 2000 Server is not supported.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or 2008, installed with mixed-mode authentication (Windows and SQL). TCP/IP access must be enabled. A system administrator SQL login must be used for the FactoryTalk EnergyMetrix installation.
- You must have machine administrator privileges to install FactoryTalk EnergyMetrix.
These are the hardware requirements that you need to use FactoryTalk EnergyMetrix software.
Definitions: The following rules of thumb are offered as a starting point for determining server sizing for FactoryTalk EnergyMetrix. Other factors will affect the required size of a server. A higher number of tags being logged, a faster log rate, a larger number of users and a larger number of reports being run will require a more powerful server than the guidelines specify.
- A low-end server has up to 8 meters and logs up to 40 meter tags at a minimum 15 minute log rate
- A mid-range server has up to 64 meters and logs up to 320 meter tags at a minimum 15 minute log rate
- A high-end server has more than 64 meters and logs more than 500 meter tags at a minimum 15 minute log rate
Details and answers to the most common questions related to the latest release.
|9307-FTEMMENE||FactoryTalk EnergyMetrix Manager with standard reports and charting capability. Includes 10 meters that can be used in any combination of A-B meters and OPC. No SQL license.|
|9307-FTEMMDBCENE||FactoryTalk EnergyMetrix Manager with standard reports and charting capability. Includes 10 meters that can be used in any combination of A-B meters and OPC. Single Client SQL license.|
|9307-FTEMMDBPENE||FactoryTalk EnergyMetrix Manager with standard reports and charting capability. Includes 10 meters that can be used in any combination of A-B meters and OPC. Unlimited Client SQL license.|
|9307-FTEMOPC||FactoryTalk EnergyMetrix OPC license. Allows for use of OPC with manager above 10 meters. OPC meters are unlimited with this license but require purchase of additional meter bundles.|
|9307-FTEMRT||FactoryTalk EnergyMetrix Real Time|
|9307-FTEMCHT||FactoryTalk EnergyMetrix Charts Plus|
|9307-FTEMRPT||FactoryTalk EnergyMetrix Reports Plus|
|9307-FTEM10||FactoryTalk EnergyMetrix Bundle of 10 meters, requires Manager|
|9307-FTEM50||FactoryTalk EnergyMetrix Bundle of 50 meters, requires Manager|
|9307-FTEM100||FactoryTalk EnergyMetrix Bundle of 100 meters, requires Manager|
|9307-FTEM500||FactoryTalk EnergyMetrix Bundle of 500 meters, requires Manager|