FactoryTalk® VantagePoint EMI can give you manufacturing information when you need it, the way you want to see it to make informed decisions. Most of what manufacturers need to know about their production operations is buried in their greatest hidden asset—their manufacturing data. FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI is the gateway to that data and enables individuals to explore the wealth of information buried within the data. This software offers mobile access via any smartphone or tablet, and the ability to view web-based reports and KPI dashboards delivered through the software portal.
Tyson Foods/Hillshire Brands leverages Rockwell Automation and Microsoft for mobile information to increase plant visibility for new US FDA food-safety regulations. Mobility in manufacturing with Tyson Foods/Hillshire Brands
Production information where and when you need it…on your tablet or mobile device.
King’s Hawaiian® standardizes technology requirements and bakes in data access for ultimate efficiency.
Producing relevant, timely, and collaborative manufacturing decision support is hard—at least it used to be:
- All manufacturing data is accessible in real time and on any mobile device
- Create a logical model that organizes data in way that makes sense to your end users
- Connectivity to real-time data via FactoryTalk® Live Data and historical data via FactoryTalk Historian plus connectivity to other real-time and historical data sources
- Many ad hoc and advanced reporting options available enabling you to build a system perfectly tailored for your reporting needs
- Automatic report and email generation based upon configured events allow you to deliver timely data even when users are not logged into the system
- Role based report generation and model browsing allows you to ensure the right users are viewing the right data
- Overcome economic challenges
- Reduce costs
- Optimize production capabilities
- Improve sustainability results
- Conserve energy
- Minimize scrap and waste
- Bolster best practices and regulatory compliance
- Increase global competitiveness
- Aggregate manufacturing information across all assets and resources
- Reduce demand forecast errors
- Assure customer commitments and satisfaction
- Increase production agility
- Shorten product development and launch cycles
- Monitor production variants
- Enhance overall product quality
- Overcome asset constraints
- Maximize resource utilization
FactoryTalk VantagePoint v6.0
End User value:
- Enhanced “out of the box” capability (ad hoc dashboards based on tag selection)
- Extended the current Reporting and Analytic solution to include a mobility / portability component
System Integrator value:
- Accelerated time to value though tools and capabilities that reduce design / deployment time
- Re-use of existing components (e.g Component Library)
Machine builder value:
- Framework for an Information Enabled machine. Differentiate Intellectual Property and offer customers a better package of value.
- VantagePoint provides an easy mechanism for creating ad hoc dashboard and trends to visualize information through point and click (or drag and drop) instead of creating custom reports.
|Storage||2GB free or more|
- Microsoft Office 2010 or 2013 (32-bit only)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9, 10, or 11
- Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5 full version (included with install)
|Memory||512MB or more|
|Storage||100MB free or more|
- Microsoft Office 2010 32-bit or Microsoft Office 2007 32-bit
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0, 8.0, or 9.0
- Microsoft .NET 4.0
- Adobe Flash Player (for Dashboard viewing)
Note that only “Professional” versions or higher are supported. Embedded versions are not supported.
FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI Server
FactoryTalk® VantagePoint EMI is a powerful web-based manufacturing business intelligence solution that integrates all data into a single information management and decision support system.
|9521-VPSERVERENE||FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI Server with 3 Named User Clients|
Special instructions for FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI Concurrent User CPU license ( 9521-VPCPPENE) include a:
- License for FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI Server
- License for (3) FactoryTalk VantagePoint Named User Clients (which includes a Microsoft® SQL Server™2008 R2 Standard Edition, Runtime-Restricted Use Software, (CAL) Client Access License)
- 30-day trial of the optional Dashboard Builder Software and Connectors for FactoryTalk Live Data, Historian SE and Alarm and Events, FT Metrics Connector, and Database Connector (one instance)
FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI Client Licenses
VantagePoint EMI supports both named and concurrent user clients. A VantagePoint EMI client user license is required when data is accessed from the FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI server via the VantagePoint EMI Portal, SharePoint Portal, or other portal; one of the analysis tools; or by a 3rd-party application that can retrieve data from the server.
|9521-VPNL01ENE||FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI 1 Named User|
|9521-VPNL03ENE||FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI 3 Named Users|
|9521-VPNL05ENE||FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI 5 Named Users|
|9521-VPNL010ENE||FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI 10 Named Users|
|9521-VPNL025ENE||FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI 25 Named Users|
|9521-VPNL050ENE||FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI 50 Named Users|
|9521-VPCL01ENE||FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI 1 Concurrent User|
|9521-VPCL03ENE||FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI 3 Concurrent Users|
|9521-VPCL05ENE||FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI 5 Concurrent Users|
|9521-VPCL010ENE||FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI 10 Concurrent Users|
|9521-VPCL025ENE||FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI 25 Concurrent Users|
|9521-VPCL050ENE||FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI 50 Concurrent Users|
|9521-VPCPPENE||FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI Concurrent User CPU License (Per CPU)|
Special instructions for FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI Concurrent User CPU License ( 9521-VPCPPENE) include a:
- Separate license for each physical processor on the server running the SQL Server used by FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI (the SQL Server identified during the install of FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI ).
- Concurrent users require 9521-VPCPPENE unless the customer already owns the SQL Server 2008 R2 concurrent user license.
FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI Connectors
FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI Servers support additional connectors. The database connector can only be used with the FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI Server.
|9521-VPRTCENE||FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI 3rd-party Realtime Connector (Licensed per connector instance) (Available Connectors: OPC-DA )|
|9521-VPHSCENE||FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI 3rd-Party Historian Connector (Licensed per connector instance) (Available Connectors: OPC -HDA, IndustrialSQL Server, OSI PI )|
|9521-VPEMDBCENE||FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI Database Connector (Licensed per connector instance) (Available Connectors: MS SQL Server, Oracle, OLEDB, ODBC) FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI Server Only|
FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI Optional Add-ons
The Dashboard Builder is an optional software solution used to develop dashboard elements and reports in the VantagePoint EMI system. It is NOT required for users/consumers of dashboard reports. Systems where the Dashboard Builder is to be installed require Microsoft Office (Excel) 2007 or 2010.
|9521-VPDSHENE||FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI Dashboard Builder (Per User)|
|9521-VPSHRPNTENE||FactoryTalk VantagePoint SharePoint WebParts|