Belden High Quality VFD Cables
Our September HESCO Product Spotlight is on Belden‘s VFD cables. Variable-frequency AC motor drive output cables are subject to harsh operating settings characterized by high voltage spikes, high noise levels and adverse environmental conditions. As the original developer of high quality VFD cable and a Rockwell Automation Encompass Partner, Belden knows how to deliver superior electrical performance and reliability, even in the most demanding industrial environments. When you need to keep your motors running, trust your uptime to Belden.
VFD applications face unique challenges when managing electrical current and other factors. Without proper planning, applications could experience many issues, including disrupted network communication, inaccurate process performance, power loss, motor failure and cable destruction. While there is no official standard for VFD cables, there are critical differences between true VFD cabling, and other cables marketed as such. Any manufacturer can classify any cable as a VFD cable. It is incumbent on the user to understand the construction requirements needed for a given application to select a suitable cable. It is possible to have high copper content, proper insulation thickness, and enhanced flexibility within one cable. With finer cable stranding and the right choice of jacket materials extreme flexibility is possible, while simultaneously increasing copper surface area to reduce high frequency loss and cable heating.
Our HESCO Product Spotlight for August is Panduit’s Pan-Way® Above Floor Surface Raceway, which can bring your cabling infrastructure to the next generation. This multi-channel, impact-resistant, raceway provides solutions for routing low voltage, fiber optic and/or power cabling over floors. The Above Floor Surface Raceway is ADA compliant and is aesthetically pleasing to match a variety of decors with three standard color options.
The raceway is suitable for use in applications up to 600 volts between conductors by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. per standard 5A, and by Canadian Standards Association, Inc. per 22.2 no. 62.1-03, when screw secured and installed per instructions. Above Floor Raceway finish is pure color, resists scratches and dents, will not peel or corrode and is available in three standard colors: IW (international white), BL (black), or OS (office slate).
Hubbell’s Advantage Series Switch-Rated IEC Pin & Sleeve
Our HESCO Product Spotlight for July is Hubbell Wiring Device-Kellems’ 100Amp Advantage Series Switch-Rated IEC Pin & Sleeve. The Advantage series now includes 30A, 60A, and a 100A offering which are the first and only IEC 60309-2 compatible Pin & Sleeve Switch-Rated Devices in the market place.
- More Flexibility – The Advantage™ Series are the only Switch-Rated Pin & Sleeve Devices that are compatible with IEC 60309-2. By working with existing installed IEC 60309-2 pin and sleeve plug and inlet bases customers save both time and money.
- More Switching Capabilities – The Advantage™ Series are approved as a disconnecting means for both motor circuits and branch circuits. They carry a robust 100kA SCCR rating along with a 40 HP rating at 480V.
- More Water Ingress Protection – The Advantage™ Series are designed for use in harsh environments. They are UL witnessed IP69K and UL Type 4X and 12 devices. They were engineered to offer superior protection against water and dust – even enduring high water flow or areas with excessive amounts of dust. The sleek, modern design makes them easy to keep clean in washdown applications. Product ratings are laser-marked into the device for permanent identification that won’t wash off.
- More Advantages – Visual verification of power to the device is provided with highly visible, long-lasting green LEDs on both sides.
Grace Engineered Product’s Flex-Mount Voltage Indicator
Our HESCO Product Spotlight for June is Grace Engineered Product’s Flex-Mount voltage indicator, a Permanent Electrical Safety Device (PESD) that mounts onto any electrical equipment. This 3-phase voltage indicator uses redundant, longlife LEDs (flashing or non-flashing options) to provide a visual representation of energy presence.
In addition to the four-wire option, the Flex-Mount is the first SafeSide voltage indicator to utilize an optional five-wire configuration for use on wye power systems. Watch video for more information or contact a HESCO customer service specialist.
Rockwell Automation’s Smart Sensors
HESCO’s Product Spotlight for May is Rockwell Automation’s Integrated Smart Sensor solutions. An integrated Smart Sensor solution from Rockwell Automation provides all the data required to create a comprehensive picture of an enterprise status at any particular moment.
- Increase productivity
- Minimize downtime with continuous process and diagnostic data
- Enable faster product change-overs
- Speed-up machine commissioning
- Enable smarter machines for use in The Connected Enterprise